Any MBA program needs to address the need for developing industry-ready business professionals. To create value for its customers, produce and sell their product or service, for management and development of employees, any business needs to undertake the following key functions:
- Marketing Management
- Human Resources Management
- Financial Management
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Business Analytics
Each of the functions needs to work together for achieving the organization’s goals and objectives. To put it simply, the MBA program is a study of each of these functions so that MBAs can be effective managers and entrepreneurs after completing the program and apply the domain knowledge in the corporate world.
The MBA Program at Indira Global Business School teaches all these functions through its compulsory core course in the First Semester of MBA because all MBAs should have a basic understanding of how business works. Having acquired this basic understanding of key functions, students select one or two areas of specialization[Functional or Major and Minor] from Semester II onwards based on their interest and job market. So, if you have chosen for MBA Specialization in Marketing Management, you will study specialized subjects in this area to deepen your understanding to help you get a job in the Marketing area.
The top 5 Specializations since all these years have been Marketing Management, Financial Management, Human Resource Management, Operations and Supply Chain Management, Business Analytics. To cater to industry demand for specialized talent, Students can also opt for minor specializations in Rural & Agribusiness Management (RABM), Pharma & Healthcare Management (PHM), Tourism & Hospitality Management (THM), International Business Management (IB).
How to choose MBA Specialization? Key parameters
The following parameters will help you in taking the right decision
- Your Goals & Interest:If you are passionate about making a career in a particular area, you should assess your interest in the area of MBA specialization and opt for the program.
- Job and Career Prospects: It is very important to check for the past placement record of the program to envisage the future career progression with the specialized MBA program.
- Rankings & Reputation of MBA Colleges offering Specialization: MBA Specializations list is long and out of it, you need to choose the best colleges. So, before finalizing your admission check for the Accreditation, Ranking,, and Reputation of the B-school
Without a doubt studying a Master of Business Administration will alter your whole perception of life and adjust your mind for the better. With an MBA at Indira Global Business School you will be richly rewarded and transformed, so what are you waiting for?
Blog compiled by:
Prof. Priyanka Darekar,
Human Resource Management & General Management,
Indira Global Busienss School, Pune