Indira Global Business School Library was established in the year 2009 & renamed in the year 2014 as ‘Swami Vivekanand Knowledge Centre’. It is an invaluable resource for students, researchers and faculties of management.
The library is well equipped with large number of textbook, reference books, periodicals, journals and e- data. The number of books in the library at present is about 7000.The library has subscribed 14 journals and 12 magazines in specialized areas. The library consists of reading hall, multimedia desktops, reference section, open access periodical. The library is automated with SLIM 21 Library Software to ease its clientele at various levels while in the library.
The library has developed an unlikely collection of over 7000 books, 240+ CD’s/ DVD’s and over 105 hard copy bound volumes in last three years. The same tends to grow at a very expediential rate in coming years.
The collection detail is as follows:
Other Reading Material
|7||E-Journal (EBSCO & J-gate)||2|
Library Working Hours:
Monday to Saturday 10:00 am to 05:30 pm
Library closed on Every Sunday (1st & 3rd Saturday & declared Public Holidays)
The library has a separate place exclusively devoted for a multimedia section.. It has in housed with 2 machines with all the A/V facilities. A patron can surf the internet, listen and watch academic related audios & videos in this section.
Apart from this, the users can also browse web OPAC (Online Public Access Catalog) and even subscribed electronic databases.
Keeping in view the importance of research in the academic sector, the library has provided access to electronic journal databases. Those databases cater to the research needs of its patrons. The following databases are subscribed by the library:
|1||EBSCO: Management Collection||search.ebscohost.com|
|2||J-gate Management Science||http://www.jgateplus.com|
The Library services are designed to ensure maximum use & participation of the users in the library collection. The services of the library include:
- Computerized Issue/ Return
- Reference Service
- Newspaper clipping
- Current Awareness Service
- Selective Dissemination of Information
- User Orientation Programme
- New arrival service
- Reading hall
- Book bank
- Reprographic , Scanning
- Softcopy of syllabus and question papers
While using the Library, Please ensure
- All readers are required to maintain discipline in the library.
- Smoking, eating, sleeping and talking loudly are strictly prohibited in the Library.
- Seek permission of the library staff before entering the stack room.
- The user should show his/her Identity card at the counter while entering the library for any purpose.
- Every user who enters the library will sign the in – out register.
- Deposit your personal belongings at the property counter.
- Switch off Mobile phones or to keep on silent mode in the library premises.
- Follow Instructions given by the librarian or the staff at the counter.
While borrowing and returning of book.
- 3 Books will be issued for a period of 10 days at a time. ID card is mandatory for circulation.
- Check the book at the time of issuing. In case of any defect or damage please inform the library staff.
- Return the issued book on or before the due date.
- Renewal is compulsory before the due date otherwise the fine will be charged at Rs. 5/- per day.
- In case of lost or damage of book, replacement of book has to be made by the user.
Care of Library materials:
Library resources are costly and often rare. They are of benefit not only to the present but also the future members of the library. Consequently, nobody should write upon, scribble, damage, turn down the leaves or marks on any library materials.
Mr. Uday Patil
Indira Global Business School,Pune.
E mail : email@example.com
Phone No. 92722 12310.